Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Halloween Night

We had a fun Halloween night. When I got home from work, I changed Olivia & Violet into their costumes. It was quite chaotic. They did not particularly want to be changed at that time of day, since it was out of their normal routine. They were squirming all over the place! I felt like I was in a wrestling match. :) I finally managed to get Olivia into her Supergirl costume and Violet into her Wonder Woman costume, but I had clothes strewn all over. Jamie got home from work shortly after that, so we carried the girls to about four of our neighbors' houses to hand out treats to their kids. After that, we went over to Jamie's cousin Kraig's house. Kraig & his wife Nicole fed us pizza (yum!). The girls pigged out. Kraig & Nicole's daughter Athena dressed as Belle from Beauty & the Beast. We took a few pictures and then we loaded up the kids to go trick-or-treating. Athena rode in a wagon and our girls rode in their double stroller. We had quite a crew, so it was a lot of fun to walk around in a group. Kraig's parents Debbie & Al and Nicole's Mom Diane came with us. It was such a beautiful night. The girls didn't collect any candy, but we had fun bringing them up to the door and saying "Happy Halloween" to people. They waved to people a few times, which was cute. Olivia even got to ride on her Papa's shoulders for awhile. She loved it! She was smiling and laughing the whole time. The girls behaved pretty well, even though we had them up about an hour past their normal bedtime.

Olivia & Violet in the Halloween shirts they wore to daycare (thanks Auntie Jill!):

Violet giving Olivia a hug:

Violet (Wonder Woman) & Olivia (Supergirl):



Violet, Athena & Olivia:

Walking to our first trick-or-treating house:

Ringing the doorbell to trick-or-treat:

Papa & Olivia:

No comments: