The last few days have been extremely long ones. Both girls have been very crabby since last Saturday. We have been pulling our hair out! Luckily my sister Terri & her husband Aaron have been around to help us out, and to give us a break when we need it. They have been visiting from Madison, WI and have been staying with us. It has been very nice to have them around. They brought their golden retriever Brinkley, who the girls love. They have been hugging and petting him pretty much nonstop.
We attempted to visit some friends of ours, Todd & Colleen, last Saturday. We brought the girls with and they were not cooperative. Todd & Colleen made a delicious meal, which we could barely enjoy because we were too busy trying to keep the girls from crying. They kept clinging to our legs at the dinner table. If Todd & Colleen were ever thinking about having kids, I think our girls certainly made them decide not to!! :) We did have a nice visit though, and we certainly appreciate their patience and hospitality.
Sunday was not much better. Yesterday we finally brought them into the doctor. Olivia was checked first. She had a little bit of fluid in her right ear, but otherwise was fine except for a cold. Violet ended up having a chest xray. Daddy went with her for the xray while Olivia & I waited in the treatment room. Daddy said they put Violet in an enclosed cylinder, and made her put her arms straight up in the air. Needless to say, she did not like it. There was some blockage on one side of her lungs, so she was diagnosed with possible pneumonia. Poor girl! She was put on an antibiotic. We're hoping their moods improve soon or we might go crazy. :) Poor Daddy has been staying home with them the last two days, while I have been at work. He is on vacation from work all week, and I don't think taking care of crabby children was what he had in mind for his time off. I certainly appreciate his efforts, I know it's not easy to stay home with crabby kids.
Unfortunately they are also getting over a case of pink eye. On Saturday, December 13, I baked Christmas cookies all day with Jamie's aunt Debbie, cousin Kari, cousin-in-law Nicole, and Nicole's mom Diane. We had a blast hanging out together. We shared a lot of laughs and we ended up with so many yummy cookies....what a great combination! When I got home in the late afternoon, Violet looked pretty rough so I took her to the doctor. Yep...pink eye. So we had to wrestle them with putting drops in their eyes three times a day, for almost a week. Fun!
It hasn't been all bad though. Olivia has been taking more steps on her own. She will go about 10 to 15 steps at a time now. Violet has shown a lot more interest in trying to walk. She will attempt to let go of a toy and walk to us, although she usually needs help with her balance.
We exchanged Christmas gifts on Sunday with the girls. They had more interest in playing with the wrapping paper than opening the gift. We gave them each a pink trike that they can use next summer. The girls got me some really beautiful earrings with their birthstone color in them, so I can think of the girls when I wear them. The girls got Daddy a wool coat (pretty boring - but he needed it)! We look forward to traveling to our parents tomorrow morning and spending Christmas with our families.
Merry Christmas!!
2011 State Fair in Pictures
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment