We attempted our first swimming lesson with the girls last night. I knew it wasn't going to be good when I picked up the girls from daycare, and Olivia's mood on her daily report was described as "fussy." It was a bit chaotic getting the girls fed, changed and out the door on time for their lesson, so we were all pretty tense by the time we left the house. It didn't help that the girls bawled pretty much the whole time while we changed them into their swimsuits at home, hauled them to the YMCA, rinsed them in the locker room shower, and had them in the pool for their 30 minute lesson. The instructor seemed pretty flustered and didn't really know what to do since there were only three kids in the class, and two of them (our girls) cried the whole time. It didn't help that the pool was COLD. I'm sure you can imagine our frustration after listening to them sob for an hour. We were all crabby by the time it was over. Jamie & I kept telling the girls they were supposed to be having FUN, dang it!
Then on the ride home after swimming lessons, they decided to morph into their usual selves and were laughing, smiling and talking during the whole car ride. Jamie & I did not think it was very amusing! Hopefully next week will go better! We can't wait to remind the girls when they get older what torture they put us through. :)
Olivia & Violet didn't like their swimsuits:

Violet:

Violet & Olivia rinsing in the locker room shower:

Daddy, Violet & Olivia waiting to get in the pool:

Olivia did not want to get in the pool:

Violet & Olivia waiting to get in the pool:
1 comment:
Obviously you and Jamie were torturing them! :) ha ha. Hopefully next week goes better!
Post a Comment