Otherwise, we had a pretty relaxing weekend at home. We spent a lot of time outside since the weather was so nice. The girls have developed a huge love of swinging. Sometimes we push them on the swings for an hour at a time, and they still get mad when we take them out. Olivia especially is not afraid to show her feelings. Yesterday, she lay on the ground kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs when I took her out of the swing after pushing her for an hour. Our neighbors even commented later in the day….“was that one of your girls screaming earlier?” Welcome to the word of tantrums!!
My friend Heather came over today and we did some scrapbooking. It was actually quite productive!! We worked for about five hours, and I actually was able to get quite a bit done. I don’t think I’ll ever be caught up, but at least I made some progress.
Earlier tonight, I was working on transferring some home videos of the girls. Jamie & I sat and watched some of the old home movies, and we just cracked up at how much the girls have changed from even just 6 months ago. It’s kind of sad that we barely remember those days. I don’t know if it’s because of sleep deprivation or our minds blocking it out, but time truly has just flown by. It’s just amazing how much they have changed and how much we’ve forgotten. Thank goodness we have our videos and pictures to remind us. Jamie expressed some concern that maybe they've missed out on the "normal oldest child bonding experience" with us since there are two of them, but hopefully they haven't been shorted or deprived with our affections. Life with twins has surely had its moments both good and bad, and there were times when we didn’t think we would survive, but watching the videos reminded us how lucky we are to be able to have such special experiences with our two little girls.
Olivia on her potty:
Violet on her potty:
The girls were looking at ducks in our yard out the window, and when the ducks walked away Daddy asked "Where did the ducks go?" This was their answer...shrugging an "I don't know."
No comments:
Post a Comment