We were reunited with the girls on Saturday after being apart from them for a week. Olivia gave me smiles right away, but Violet just stared at me like she couldn't believe I was suddenly back. They had a fun week at Auntie Jill's house; they went to cousin Nick's baseball games, to a jewelry party, and to the park to feed the ducks. They were quite exhausted by the end of the week! But we certainly enjoyed having a week of freedom from parenting.
On Saturday, we celebrated Jamie's grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful milestone to achieve; not many people get to experience such a long time together. It was cute when Grandpa stood up to thank everyone, and said that "it has been such a short 60 years." Time truly does go fast. All of Jamie's cousins were there, and only a couple of the great grandchildren were missing. So almost all of the family was together, which was fun. The girls, however, wanted to spend their time at the park across the street instead of in the hall with everyone. I guess I can't blame them too much!
During the girls' stay at Jill's house, they developed an infatuation with stickers. So tonight when they started saying "sticker, sticker," I started searching for some. All I could find was some garage sale price stickers, but the girls didn't care. They were sticking them all over themselves and Jamie. At one point, Violet had a whole bunch of stickers all over her face and right on top of her eyes. The best part was she had a "make offer" sticker on the tip of her nose. Too funny!
Jamie's Grandma & Grandpa Pomeranz, celebrating 60 years of marriage:
All of the cousins from Jamie's mom's side:
Great grandchildren:
Violet & Olivia walking to the park:
Olivia wanting someone to push her on the swing:

Violet:
No comments:
Post a Comment