Violet's favorite activity right now is to work on puzzles. She will sit and play with the same puzzle over and over, putting the pieces in the puzzle and then taking them out again. She has two favorites, a vehicles puzzle and a shapes puzzle. She is pretty independent and is content to play on her own.
We had a fun Labor Day weekend. My sister Nikki & her family came to visit, along with my parents. On Saturday morning, we helped move my sister Terri & her husband Aaron into their new house in Minneapolis. They have a very cute place, and we are happy to have them only 20 minutes away! We also went to Nickelodeon Universe in the Mall of America on Saturday. Olivia & Violet were just entranced by all of the people and activity. They just stared in awe at everything. The girls had never been on a ride, so I thought I would try it. I took them on the merry-go-round with their cousin Maya. They got a little antsy while waiting in line, but I managed to get us all on the ride without too much trouble. I put Olivia on a horse first, and she did not want any part of it, so we ended up sitting on a bench on the merry-go-round. I can't blame them for being nervous about what was going on! Once the merry-go-round started moving, they just loved it. They waved at their Auntie Nikki every time we passed by where she was standing. When the ride stopped, they kept saying "more" and did not want to get off. We also took all the kids on the train ride. Olivia & Violet just loved it and kept saying "choo choo" the whole time. They got mad when I made them get off.
Sunday & Monday were pretty relaxing. Our guests left on Sunday afternoon, so we made a couple of trips to the park, went on a few bike rides, and just relaxed. The weather was perfect. Olivia & Violet love to ride in their cart behind Daddy's bike. We put them in the cart with a couple of books, and they are happy to ride along. When we go down big hills, they have started putting their arms up in the air as if they were on a roller coaster.j
Here are a few pictures from our trip to Nickelodeon Universe.
Olivia, Violet, Maya, Alex, Evan & Owen in front of Nickelodeon Universe: On the train ride at Nickelodeon Universe:
On the merry-go-round at Nickelodeon Universe:
No comments:
Post a Comment