V: "What's that?"
Mommy: "Dog poop on the sidewalk."
O: "Why?"
Mommy: "Because the dog had to poop, and their owner didn't pick it up."
V: "Why?"
Daddy: "He pooped because he had to go."
O: "Why?"
Mommy: "Because when you've got to go, you've got to go. Where are you supposed to poop?"
V: "On the toilet. Doggy didn't poop on the toilet?"
Daddy: "No."
O: "Dog poop on the sidewalk back there?"
Daddy: "Yes."
V: "Why?"
(repeat conversation back to the beginning)
For the rest of our walk, we had this revolving conversation about dog poop on the sidewalk, which can be a thrilling subject for a pair of two-year-olds.
However....there are the cute moments too. Last night, I asked Olivia what she did at daycare that day. She said, "I read about Jesus. I LIKE Jesus!" I asked what Jesus was doing in the story they read. She said, "Riding on a donkey." I guess they must be learning about Easter at their church daycare!
They are both doing well with going on the potty. They are both wearing panties during the day, except for naptime. However, Olivia has figured out that needing to go potty gets her out of church. She usually lasts for about 45 minutes of the service, and then announces "I have to go poop."
They have also become very independent. They love to talk on the phone now, and insist upon holding the handset themselves. This usually results in them not being able to hear because they don't hold up the handset exactly to their ear. They want to put on their own clothes. And socks. And shoes. They want what they want, when they want it. Some mornings it is a battle to get them up, fed, and dressed while dealing with their unwillingness to cooperate. It's tough trying to find a balance between getting out the door and letting them have their independence when they say "My do it." However - through it all - I can't imagine my life without them. Their sweet little smiles get to me every time.
Olivia, ready for Palm Sunday church:
Violet, ready for Palm Sunday church:
1 comment:
Too funny! I love the picture you took of Olivia at an angle!
Post a Comment