Friday, September 24, 2010

field trip fun

Olivia & Violet went on a daycare field trip this past Wednesday. They rode a school bus about 45 minutes to an apple farm. When we pulled into the daycare parking lot, they were all excited because the school bus was already in the lot. They bolted into their room and started getting all riled up with excitement with their friends. When I left, they were talking about who they wanted to sit by on the bus and what they were going to do at the farm. I was eager to pick them up at the end of the day to hear how it went. When I walked in, Violet came running up to me and started talking a mile a minute. "I saw piggies! I cried at the moose! I saw a baby cow! I picked apples! I sat by Maddie on the bus!" etc., etc., etc. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Olivia was a little more subdued, but came around on the car ride home and told me about their experiences. They said their favorite animals were the goats, and they were able to color and read books on the bus. Violet said she was scared of the moose, but liked all of the other animals. Olivia said they were able to eat lunch on the bus on the way home. They both were proud of the apple and corn they picked to bring home. All in all, their teacher said they were very good and it was a fun day!

Last night, the girls slept in underwear for the first time. Violet has been dry all night quite a few times now, so we thought we would give it a try. I was more worried about Olivia, but she was quite determined that she did NOT want to wear pull-ups at night anymore. They both woke up dry this morning, so they were pretty excited! Oh, how great it will be to not have to buy nighttime pull-ups anymore! Ahhhh.......one more baby/toddler stage gone.

The girls are SO MUCH fun right now. Some of the things they come up with to say are sometimes hilarious and sometimes just priceless. Such as:

Violet [playing with a pair of matching stuffed poodles]: "Mommy look, they're twins!"

Violet: "Guess what?" [Mommy: "What?"] Violet: "Chicken butt!"

Olivia [after I asked her to pick something up]: "I can't because I don't have legs. Swiper swiped them." (this is a reference to Dora the Explorer)

Olivia [after she does something for Violet]: "I am a nice sister."

Olivia [as I was putting her in the car from daycare]: "Where is Daddy? I want to see him lots and lots!"

Olivia [any time she sees a letter O on anything]: "There's an O for Olivia!"
Violet's follow up is: "Where is the V for me?"
(Unfortunately, there are not many words with the letter V in them.)

1 comment:

terri browne said...

They really are so much fun right now! They crack me up. :)