Sunday, October 17, 2010

trip to the corn maze

The girls and I went to the Severs corn maze and fall festival yesterday with Terri and William. Basically, a family turned their huge corn field into a giant maze and fall fun area with a petting zoo, pony rides, pig races, big slide, bale maze, food vendors, and more. It was neat because the whole thing was surrounded by corn. We had to walk through a path in the corn field to enter and to exit. All three of the kids loved the petting zoo. Violet had no problem putting food in her hand and letting the animals eat out of her palm. Olivia was hesitant and kept saying "I'm a little scared," so she would hold out her cup of food and let the animals eat out of it. I did help her feed a camel out of her hand. She cried because she was a little scared, but she did it! We also went on a hayride, walked through the bale maze, and watched the pig races. Olivia and I went down the big slide. It was actually pretty fast, so she cried a little at the bottom, but I was proud of her for doing it. Olivia also went on a pony ride; Violet did not want to. The girls behaved pretty well even though we stayed a bit into their normal nap time. After we left, I realized that we didn't even go into the big corn maze, which looked pretty impressive from the picture. They paths through the corn were designed to create the Vikings logo with a big 50 in it for their 50th anniversary year. The girls were probably a little young for the corn maze anyway, so we'll have to try it next time. We had a lot of fun!

Olivia on her pony ride:
Getting ready for the hayride to start (both with a mouth full of animal crackers):

Violet:

Violet & Olivia:

Olivia:
Violet hugging the scarecrows:


Violet petting the goats:

Olivia feeding the goats, she was too scared to let them eat out of her hand so she just held out her cup of food:
Violet feeding the animals: Violet & Olivia walking through the bale maze:
Violet & Olivia:

1 comment:

terri browne said...

That was fun! Maybe we should make it an annual outing!