On Thanksgiving Day, my sister Terri and her family came over for a visit. We had a very relaxing day, and enjoyed spending time with them and my parents. We ate our big meal on Thursday evening. My mom was a huge help and spent hours with me in the kitchen. Jamie's cousin and his family came over as well, and we had a great time. The girls sat at a kid's table, which I called the "princess table," so they were excited. They even wanted to change into their princess costumes. Violet loved the cranberries again this year, and I think Olivia's favorite food was Grandpa's pumpkin dessert. I asked the girls what they were thankful for this year, and Violet said the color blue so Olivia followed by saying the color orange. I don't think they quite understood the question! However, I thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving Day and am very thankful for all of the blessings in my life.
On Friday morning, we took the girls to their doctor for their 3-year checkup. I was a bit surprised that they are in the 90th percentile for height. Who knew! Violet was pretty goofy with their doctor; she would let him check her ears and then she would hop around the room, then come back for her next procedure. The doctor spent half his time laughing at our silly girls. Olivia let Violet go first for everything; then she would announce "I want to do it too." They both checked out just great and are happy & healthy 3-year-olds.
On Saturday, we went to St. Cloud to meet up with Jamie's family. We put together a little surprise celebration for Jamie's mom for her 60th birthday. We ate together at a restaurant, and then stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn. Gayle was very surprised and excited! The girls had a blast in the pool, and really enjoyed spending time with their cousins. The girls also opened their birthday presents from the Suchy family. They couldn't rip the paper off fast enough! They were of course totally spoiled with too many presents, and loved every minute of it.
Granny & Olivia (in her Ariel princess costume) enjoying Thanksgiving dinner:
Violet (in her Jasmine princess costume) enjoying her cranberries:
Grandpa reading to Olivia & Violet, which he did A LOT during their visit:
No comments:
Post a Comment