Wow, May was a busy month for us! It was filled with many fun
family events, including Mother’s Day, Jamie’s parent’s 45th wedding
anniversary, Claire’s fifth birthday party, Nick’s 16th birthday party (watch
out on the roads!), Alex’s First Communion, plus the girls had two birthday
parties for friends from school. Whew!
Beyond that, Olivia had tennis class and Violet had swimming
lessons one day a week. Olivia has been through the 4-6 year old tennis class
twice, so when I signed her up this time her instructor moved her up with the
7-10 year olds. She looked so little out there on the court compared to the
older kids! She was very intimidated the first week, but has improved and loves
playing tennis. She definitely has the drive, if she has a bad shot or misses a
ball she can get very upset at herself.
Violet’s swimming lessons were in the afternoon, so Jamie
would always take her due to my work schedule. However, this past Tuesday was
her last lesson, so I was able to get off work early in order to watch her.
Wow, I couldn't believe how much she had improved! Her best stroke is the back
stroke, she can easily swim the length of the pool, although sometimes she
would go a little crooked and bump into the lane ropes. J I was really happy that I got
a chance to see her swim.
On May 25, the girls and I went to the play “The Little
Mermaid” at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. It was a fun girl’s night out! We
had a fancy meal, followed by the play. The girls were a little confused as to
why their meal was served in courses, but they thought it was pretty cool. The
play was really good, Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” is one of their favorite
princesses so they really enjoyed it. Violet sat and stared in awe most of the
time, while Olivia liked when some of the characters came out into the
audience. It was a fun way to spend time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment