This past Tuesday, Olivia and Violet performed a traditional Honduras dance at their school's cultural assembly. There were two boys from their class that they were partnered with, plus about ten other kids from grades K-3. Their teacher assistant (TA) is from Honduras, so she taught the kids the dance and even brought traditional dress from Honduras. I came early to help the kids get dressed. Violet and her dance partner Ian were both pretty nervous about dancing in front of an audience, but they all did great! I was very proud of them. Although it was a boy/girl dance...didn't particularly like seeing my little girls dancing with boys already! :) They were so cute though, it was fun to watch. Here are a few pictures I took before the assembly started. Violet insisted on wearing her Darth Vader shirt underneath her dress-gotta love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment