On Memorial Day, we were able to watch Grandpa Thronson march in the color guard and shout out the commands for the firing squad during a remembrance ceremony at the cemetery. I though the girls would start bawling the minute the firing squad blasted their first round, but since we warned them ahead of time that it was going to happen, they did great and didn't utter a peep. I guess I have to give them more credit sometimes!
The girls were both really good and really naughty at times over the course of the weekend. We can't figure them out sometimes. They are so so so (yes-three so's) crabby and whiny at times, and then it is like a switch turns off and they turn back into their normal, happy, fun selves. I guess that's part of the terrible two's! They became VERY tired of being in the car during the ride home, and Violet started throwing a fit and crying. She was sobbing and sobbing, and all of a sudden Olivia turned to her and said over and over "Shut it up. Shut it up. Shut it up." Jamie and I both covered our mouths because we didn't want them to see that we were laughing hysterically. Finally Violet retorted through her sobs, "I don't want to shut it up!" It was quite hilarious.
Olivia also managed to tell Granny Thronson over the weekend: "I am a handful."
And so the funny one-liners begin!
Violet & Olivia watching Daddy fish:
Violet watching Daddy catch a bass:
Violet touching Daddy's catch:
Grandpa Suchy wakling with Violet and carrying Olivia:
Olivia & Violet with Grandpa Thronson, taken on Memorial Day:
No comments:
Post a Comment