Wednesday, January 26, 2011

good times

Olivia and Violet started swimming lessons yesterday. They had lessons back when they were one year old, so it had been awhile since they participated in a structured class. They both loved it! They were so excited and got right in the water with the teacher. They had to make sure that Daddy and I were watching though! They wore goggles for the first time and also were willing to put their face in the water. They would turn and give us a thumbs-up every time they did something new. The only downside was that I had to take them to the bathroom about three times during the 30 minute class. I apologized to their teacher afterward, and she said that it is pretty common for the pool to do funny things to a child’s bladder. Their teacher also said that the girls did great for their first class. She said they did not want to put their face in the water the first time she asked them to but then she asked them to do it just one time, and then they said “OK!”

We also enjoyed a great visit with my mom and dad last weekend. They are heading to Arizona for most of the month of February, so they came down to see us before they leave. The girls loved spending time with them and were very sad when they left!

I am enjoying this age so much. Several people told me that they thought age three was worse than age two, but so far I don’t think this is the case (knock on wood).

Violet is such a sweetheart. She would give you the shirt off her back if you asked her for it. She is very affectionate and cuddly. She is also very focused and loves activities such as coloring and painting. She takes her time and does a good job of staying in the lines. She still enjoys puzzles and can pretty much put them together on her own.

Olivia is also sweet, but she is our socialite. She talks nonstop (yes…I mean nonstop), and has no problem asking for whatever item Violet is playing with (which Violet usually hands over). She loves to be the center of attention and thrives on lots of activity. She is not shy about asking for a movie or other treat.

My favorite part of the day is when the girls first wake up. They usually stumble into the bathroom where I am getting ready for work. I kneel down and cuddle with them for a few minutes while they try to wake up. I love this moment.

I’ll leave you with this quote from Olivia: “I love blankie. I love Mommy. Daddy. Sister. I love everyone in the whole world!”

Violet & Olivia putting their faces in the water:
Thumbs up! We did it!
Violet jumping into the pool:
Olivia jumping into the pool:

Olivia being mischievious!!!

1 comment:

terri browne said...

I love Olivia's quote - so adorable!